Seat adjusting handle-sort of

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Seat adjusting handle-sort of
From: "Walt" <waltcpa@sierra.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 07:49:56 -0700
Hi all,
Have been gleaning LOTS of knowledge from the list for the last couple of
months.  Has been more help than I ever expected.  Thanks to all who
contribute.

Now it's my turn to maybe help with a small problem.  Both of the seats in
the 77 B are missing the adjusting handle (for tilting the seat back).  I,
too, am reluctant to pay the $25 to $45 for a new one.  However, a 3/8"
drive universal adapter and a short extension (from a socket set) will work
quite well as a temporary handle.  The 3/8" square fits nicely over the
part protruding from the seat back, make the adjustment you need, and then
remove the adapter and extension for use at another time.

Maybe some of the more "cut and weld" types out there can make this work
better.  Hope that helps someone.

Walt Goddard
waltcpa@sierra.net
77 B