Re: (OT) Q: What does ACME mean?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Bert Palte" <vortex@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: (OT) Q: What does ACME mean?
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 18:12:33 -0500
Wile E. is my hero, and should be every MG enthusiasts as well, at least for
his stubborn, continuous attempts to solve a particular challenge he was
obsessed with! ;)
I think it was just a convenient, somewhat generic company name that the
Warner Bros. and Mel Blanc came up with. The dictionary definition
notwithstanding, it is typical of 20s and 30s American industrial names. If
there is some sort of funny or sinister acronym, I haven't heard it.
Dan
73 B