Tech Tip

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tech Tip
From: Sclif1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 21:55:35 EDT
I just read a post from another MGB owner that mentioned how much of a b--ch
it is  to get out the transmission dipstick on the MGB. We all can agree to
that. I have had my 72B for 21 years and here is a trick that I wish I had
thought of 20 years ago: Take a ty-rap and loosly loop it through the finger
hole on the dipstick. When you need to check the fluid level next time just
grab the loose hanging ty-rap and pull it though the hole in the transmission
tunnel and the dipstick will come out  with it. It's a beautiful thing. :-)
I am 2 weeks new to the list and am enjoying all the great info.
By the way, anybody else had their B for more than 21 years? Have I set a
record?