RE: Think youve got overheating problems??

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Think youve got overheating problems??
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:24:47 -0400
Good idea to always watch your freeze plugs for green snail tracks.

On the other hand, (this is my first British car, and so) when I took my
parts to the machinist during the rebuild, he gave me this piece of advice:
The freeze plugs in these motors aren't cup-shaped like a good ol' 'Murrican
V-8.  They're simply convex metal dishes - no walls with which to align and
seal.

As such, he said, they're a pain and a half to get in straight and thus to
get a good seal.  He allowed that as mine hadn't shown signs of leaking, I'd
do best to leave them alone and simply keep watch on them for when they
actually do cut loose.

Life is full of contradictions.  Best to be at peace with God, and always
carry a cell phone.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - currently holding most of its fluids.