Re: Was New radio for our 73 B

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>, <Lmmilam@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Was New radio for our 73 B
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 00:33:37 -0400
    I just put in a new radio this weekend in my '74.  The biggest problem I
ran into was the mounting depth - I have a newer radio/tape deck and it was
too large for the console.  To get it to fit one way, I filed about a
quarter inch off each side of the hole in the console.  Even further, I
found that the back of the radio hit the air ducts coming from the heater.
I looked at it, and decided that it didn't look too bad sticking out about a
half inch.  I know it's not perfect, but it works.  Oh yeah, I used the
purple wiring that is used for the console light.  It's not switched through
the ignition, but if I ever forget to turn off the radio and my battery goes
dead, it's my own dumb fault.  Of course, if I can't hear that the radio is
still on when I'm walking away from the car, I better call a priest; I'm
probably in love.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/