Time Warp 'B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Time Warp 'B
From: Rodney McDonald <rmcd@marspec.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 08:06:59 -0500
Despite the intrusion of Hurricane Georges, our club's British Car Day went
off rather well last Saturday. It's hard to believe that our site was under
four feet of water on Monday yet dry enough for the show Saturday.

One entrant from the New Orleans area trailered in a '78 'B with 3300
(that's three thousand, three hundred) miles on the clock. It was simply
amazing.

The story that I got (second hand, now) was that the car was originally
bought and there was some sort of family tragedy and it was stored. It was
recently resurrected (by an heir?) and traded in on some new Detroit Iron.
It was said that the current owner (who I didn't get to meet) paid
$10,000.00 for it from the dealer who took it in trade.

The tires were British-made Pirelli white walls which, according to the
window sticker, were a $50.00 option. The car had an OD gearbox and a
dealer installed aftermarket radio. All the books, paperwork and other new
car thingys were with it. The total sticker (if memory serves) was $5500.00.

The car color was either Inca or Snapdragon - I can't remember which they
used in '78. The rubber bumpers gleamed - I could see my reflection in them.

Needless to say, this was one of the most photographed cars of the show -
especially by us 'B owners.

If any of the information as to circumstances that I've related are
incorrect, then I apologize, but as I said most of it was given to me
second hand. If you have a chance to see this car at a Southern show, bring
your camera.

Rodney McDonald
'76 'B 393703
Spanish Fort, Alabama