Intro, part 2

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Intro, part 2
From: tip@ai.chem.ohiou.edu (Tom Perigrin)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:21:01 -0400
But eventually Emma and Ihad to part ways.   I was going overseas, and I
didn't know how long I was going to be gone.   So, I sold her to my Brother
In Law (BIL).  (P.S.  No, I wasn't escorting numerous sweet young things
when I was married - I got married just before I went overseas).     BIL
decided to "trick out" lil' Emma...   he had the original BRG painted over
white, had new seats put in, new carpeting, put on Enkei wheels with
195/60SR14's,  put on a chrome roll bar, etc...   He drove her for a few
hundred miles, then he got married and got kids and got "staid".   So BIL
put her up on blocks, drained the air out of the tires, and let her sit for
over 5 years...    fortunately, covered in a heated air conditioned garage.
Then, last year, he got into financial trouble and sold Emma back to me
for a song.   Funny thing, when I go and collect Emma, he hands me the
original title with my name on it...  turns out that he never bothered to
transfer the title!  Nor did he bother to register it!    Part of the
reason he didn't drive it...  don't ask me why!

I drove to Calif to pick her up, and had the Road Trip From Hell getting
back...   Not because of Emma - she rode comfortably on a car trailer
behind my Diesel pickup truck.  No, between the diesel and the trailer we
had 2 flats, 1 blow out, 1 wheel fall off, the trailer broke it's major
beam in Kansas, blown radiator hose, and finally, 1 hour from home, some
inexperienced driver who was coming the other way decided to turn in front
of me.  She was in a hurry, and thought I could stop in time.   I had a
full sized pickup truck with two adults, 800 pounds of load, a 3/4 ton GW
trailer, and a 1 ton MGB....  I could only stand on the brakes and try to
keep the "train" I was driving from jackknifing, so I ran right OVER the
rear end of her little import.  After checking to see that all humans were
okay, I went to check on Emma.  It was with real dread that I went to look.
I expected to find her trying to have sex with the pickup.   But
calloo-callay, oh frabjous day...  she was OKAY.  (She darn well should
be... I had nailed 2x4's to the wooden bed of the car carrier to form wheel
wells around each tire, and had her held down with 1)  four 2" wide nylon
straps and 2)  two backup axle chains that had 1/2" slack...).

So, now Emma is at her new home...   stay tuned for Part 3.

---

I used to say the only constants in my life were stress, my loving wife,
and the weekly hairball the cat leaves on the carpet.  After some medical
problems I am trying to reduce the stress... Other than that little has
changed - my wife still loves me, and the cat still vomits up an offering
every week.   A man needs some tradition in his life!