How long have you owned your car.....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How long have you owned your car.....
From: MGTDB@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:42:27 EDT
Guess I finally have to speak up and respond to this one..... not about myself
but about a close friend.   The guy in question is not a computer guy, so I
have to tell this story myself.  I have a friend who bought his TC brand new
in 1947 and raced it at the first race held at Watkins Glen.  He took the same
TC back this year for the 50th anniversary of that first race and took it
another lap around the track!!   Two years ago, he was awarded the Collier's
Cup at the Glen, a trophy awarded by the other drivers..... of course he was
driving the TC then too.....   There is a bridge at the Glen named for
him.....   Denver Cornett's Bridge.... .where he spun out into the hay bales
during the first race.   BTW......  he wrecked the TC this year at the
Glen......   mostly cosmetic..... it is back on the road and he is fine.......
I can only imagine what is was to drive MGs back then......    I do know that
following him and #47 on rides now is the coolest thing!!!

I bought a 71 MGBGT brand spankin new and drove it daily for 8 yrs..... and
still cry when I think of its last ride and wreck.....  (it fell off a
wrecker, went across 8 lanes of traffic at rush hour, up over the median and
finally stopped at a guard rail).   Wish I had it back.......  The three MGs
that are in the garage now are terrific, but none will ever takes its
place.......

Sorry this is so long.... .just in the mood to tell the story.....

Karyn  ..........  TD, A&B!