Re: ITD / Vintage Midget

To: <S800Racer@aol.com>, <owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: ITD / Vintage Midget
From: "Kendall F Jones" <mrjones2@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 14:44:07 -0600
I have been struggling with this one for several years.  I do have a Bugeye
that turns 40 next year.  It originally started out as a SCCA H Prod racer,
was rolled, then converted to a Prepared Solo 2 car.  Anyway, I'm not that
familiar with Vintage rules (I've heard that I can't run any type of
panhard rod??).  I would probably take a bit more work to get the bugeye up
to speed.

I have friends who run the IT class (so I hear ALL about it..).  There is a
local track (waterford hills) that races every month.  I would also have
the opportunity to run at mid-ohio & Road Atlanta.  I would be very
interested in a dual purpose car, in fact, I do have a very good "vintage"
race motor.....

Not to step on any toes here, but I may be a little young for you vintage
guys (I'm 28).  I have a 30 year plan for racing, so little by little I'll
try different things.

Thanks for the other views, I really do appreciate all the angles

Kendall
----------
vintage-race@autox.team.net; beeline@iline.com; ric_bergstrom@juno.com;
mikeg@vicnet.net.au; mgs@autox.team.net; Ccanepa50@aol.com; brian@uunet.ca
> Subject: Re:  ITD Midget update
> Date: Thursday, October 08, 1998 10:52 AM
>
>       It sure sounds like the rules would allow you to have vintage legal
Midget
> that would still be competitive in ITD.  I agree with Brian, why not
vintage
> race it?  You'll get more for your money (money spent prepping the car)
if you