Tick...tick...tick...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tick...tick...tick...
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:09:34 +0000
OK, I have blown my alternator; had flickering brake lights; and have
run over my foot... in my first six months of MGB ownership.  THANK YOU
list pixies for the help so far (yes, my big toe is fine now).

Next I have a problem that I was sure I could sort out myself but...

I get this maddening (resonant) ticking from what seems like behind the
dash but on closer examination sounds more like it is coming up from
lower down and is just resonating up through the dash.  It does not
alter with engine revs and seems to be similar in frequency with the
fuel pump  - but cannot, surely, be transmitted through the body to up
front.  I believe it to be connected to the pump ticking in some way and
may be in the fuel line somewhere.

It is driving me mad... especially as it can and does sometimes just
disappear (yes, usually when I am near someone who may be able to help
sort it out).

Help!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII

PS  This weekend also brought about my first sunburnt forehead!  Roll on
Summer and a big bottle of sunblock cream.