Re: Turn signals WHERE'S THE FLASHER?` Geezer Preventer

To: bmc@aa.net
Subject: Re: Turn signals WHERE'S THE FLASHER?` Geezer Preventer
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 07:05:53 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/98 4:36:11 PM Central Daylight Time, bmc@aa.net
writes:

<< What's a Sonalert module?  I sometimes fall to geezerdom myself and leave
 the turn signal on (it only cancels on very sharp turns).  I'd love to wire
 one of these buggers in, but I'm not sure what they are or where you get
 them.

To keep the wiring simple, a very low current device can be placed ACROSS the
flasher. This is not normally good practice, but the extremely low current of
the Sonalert will let you get away with it.

You need a solid state device to do this. Sonalert is one. You can find them
at a serious electronic supply house. A buzzer (like the seat belt one) will
result in too high a current drain. I think Radio Shack will have one similar
to the Sonalert. I don't know where my Radio Shack catalog has gotten off to
or I'd give you a part number.

You can also buy two little "cheater" spade connectors that will plug onto the
flasher and then allow you to plug the wiring harness onto them. All of the
soldering can be done on the workbench, not under the dash (much easier).

By the way, you can adjust the turn signal cancel point by taking off the
steering wheel. Requires a little experimenting to get it right, but the
adjustment is easy.

Randy