RE: MG Flat rate manual

To: "'gofastmg@juno.com'" <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: RE: MG Flat rate manual
From: Fred Cheney <FCheney@kinneyassoc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:11:23 -0400
Good luck at finding an accurate flat rate manual for LBCs.  Most of the
books were written to provide estimates of the time necessary to repair
a vehicle if there are no "problems" encountered along the way (ie.
rust, seized or sheared off bolts and studs etc.)  As this is the case,
and as LBCs are known for providing plenty of "problems" you will
probally not find any book with information that is useful for
estimation purposes.  If you are looking for this book as a way of
basing repair estimates for customers I would recommend that just
looking at the condition of the vehicle and using your knowledge of how
long the job should take would do.  If you need this book to insure that
you mechanic does not rip you off, you need to find a mechanic you can
trust.

'72 MGB

Fred Cheney (Former Automotive Service Manager)
Kinney & Associates, Inc.