brake cylinder reservior

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: brake cylinder reservior
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:06:38 -0400

I have a 1977 MGB with a leak in the master cylinder reservior. The part
is made of unobtanium, & I am looking for a way to seal a small split in
the top of the plastic tank. This in the "flat top" not the "wedge"
version. No, they are not interchangable.

The normal sources allreport the reservoir is only available as part of
the purchase of a new, complete master cylinder. Sort of like buying a
completely restored MG to get a rear bumper.

So now, who knows how to seal this so it will hold pressure for my
easi-bleed, not contaminate the brake fluid? This type of plastic seems
impervious to the normal glues & sealants. Where are the chemists?

Thanks

Jim Stuart