Midget Names

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget Names
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:24:59 EDT

>Mark Snowdon
>69 Sprite(Austin),73 & 79 Midget(Midge and as of yet unnamed)
>
>PS: any suggestions for naming a 79 1500 Midget in BRG with biscuit
>interior?

My '79 Brookland Green Midget, Growler, got it's name from a heavily perused
1979/80 MGB brochure in which the copy began "For fifty years, MGs have come
growling out of our brick factory at Abingdon-on-Thames and into the record
books of motor racing...". It certainly evokes the sound of the car. And then
the alternate definition is a bucket of beer, going back to the days when one
had their tin bucket filled at the tap of the neighborhood saloon. An ideal
double entendre in my book. I got GROWLER as in Illinois vanity plate in 1993
and of course its now incorporated in my screen name as well.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL, USA