HELP! 1st Ever Problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HELP! 1st Ever Problem
From: Bob Holton <bholton@golden.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 19:24:41 -0400
Hello from southern Ontario,

Well, this is the first hassle I've had with the B, and because my
mechanical skills are just beginning the develop, I thought I had better
consult the wisdom of the list.

This A.M. I loaded the B with golf paraphernalia (off work very early this
day with weather predictions of mid 70's, sunny blue sky day), and
proceeded to start it up.  Only problem, I failed to take the car out of
gear, and after a fairly quite jerk (me at times) forward, the car came to
rest, I turn the key to off, and turned the key to on, and all I heard was
the soft click of the fuel pump. No engine sound. Being in a hurry to be
off to work, I reloaded all the golf stuff in the family car, and have only
started to look into the situation.

I've done the running start (me push, wife pop), in gear clutch popped in
the driveway, in hopes of unsticking what I've stuck, but to no avail.

What have I got here?  Anyone out there have this happen?  All tips,
suggestions, or mechanical truths, greatfully accepted.

Regards,

Bob Holton
80 B LE
NAMGBR #8-3571 (Proud New Member)