Re: Values of our cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Values of our cars
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 09:50:06 EDT
On Saturday, 17 October 1998 at 00:21, Frank Clarici wrote:

>The only way we will get big bucks for our LBCs is if some drug dealer
>sees it, happens to have a suitcase full of cash with him, and stops
>you on the street and offers you 20K + for your pride and joy. If this
>happens, take the money and run. FAST!

Frank's pretty much right:  when caught at the right moment, dangling the
right amount of cash, just about any car can be purchased from me.

My last toy was a '75 Chevrolet Monza, 350 four-bolt + .060 over + 400
crank/rods = 388 cid V8 (great big engine, little car...), usual speed
parts and chrome goodies, some suspension modifications, sat about two
inches off the ground, and hauled ass in a straight line or in the
twisties.  Had the obligatory 5" snorkel scoop for visual impact (I'm
pretty sure there's a smart ass kid who was driving daddy's IROC Camaro
around Amarillo in '92 whose still in shock at not being able to pass
me).

Bought the car in '89 with a bad engine.  Including the purchase price, I
had maybe $2500 in it over the six years I owned her (excluding gas and
oil).  Only let me down one time (HWY 75 south in Sabetha, KS; locked the
starter pinion against the flywheel) over umpteen times driving it all
over the country.  Got out of the Army, came home, and was offered $3,000
by a guy with the money burning a hole in his pocket.  I made up my mine
to sell in less time than it took to say, "Don't move while I run in and
grab the title...."

Used part of the money to buy Miss Molly the Midget.

Rich (who has been told by the daughter that he better not sell Molly)
'79 MG Midget "Miss Molly"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]