Re: MG = Masochist's Guild? (a long cry for help)

To: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, "MG List" <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MG = Masochist's Guild? (a long cry for help)
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 05:31:10 -0500
Hi Mike,
    Like David said, sounds like you shorted between the battery wire to the
starter and the chassis, which should only hurt the battery if anything
 not to mention probably melting the terminal).  I would also check the
starter relay on the passenger side fender well next to the  fuse box
 assuming its the same on a '77).  I've heard that the old 'click once and
not turn over' symptom is typical of burned contacts in the relay.
Harlan.