Re: 79B electrical

To: DBAVERY1@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 79B electrical
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:09:54 EDT
>Car now sitting in some nice persons drive until I can get it towed tomorrow.

>Anyone have any ideas what is going on?  Could this new battery PO put in be
>bad and shorting?  I'm at the end of my rope - works fine most of the time
but
>night always seems to be my doom.  Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

>Thanks in advance, Denny

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sounds like a bad ground or bad voltage regulator.  Several posters have told
of that little black box under the hood that clicks when it shuts off the Alt.
light, that stayed on after shutting off the engine.  Take the box apart and
clean all the contacts, possible adjust the tension on them, too.  Make sure
all battery grounds are clean and good.  Both ends on neg. batt. cable and the
engine to frame ground strap if you have one.

Since there is such a wide variety of symptoms, I don't think it is a major
component.  It sounds like a very elusive loose wire.  Hope this helps.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport