Stuck Clutch

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stuck Clutch
From: patti morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:47:01 -0500
Hi Listers,

I'm looking for some ideas on how to free the clutch on a MG Midget I'm working
on. The car was wrecked before I bought it and was being driven at the time of
the accident so I ASSUME the clutch was working. I have nice travel at the
slave cylinder so I'm thinking all the setting it's done allowed the clutch  to
freeze.

So far, I've tried jacking the car up in the back. Putting the car in gear,
starting it and with the clutch in, jamming on the brakes. Engine stalls but
doesn't free the clutch.

HELP!