RE: Reverse Lights

To: Erik Brzoska <sniper98@mailexcite.com>
Subject: RE: Reverse Lights
From: Tom Emmons <tom@emmons.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:48:26 -0600
Erik Brzoska wrote:
>=20
> The reverse light bulbs are good and one of the wires is getting flow, =
but the other wire is not.
> This leads me to believe the switch is bad or the wires to it are =
detached.
> How do I access it?

I had the same problem with left turn signal.  Continuity was lost from =
the socket to the ground.  Could not see any signs of corrosion so I =
pryed up a couple of the flanges that hold the socket in place.  Took a =
piece of sand paper and roughed up where the 2 would meet and put back =
in to place.  To check to see if this is the problem before going to =
that trouble.  Take a Ohm meter and place one lead on the body some =
were.  Has to be bare metal.  I used the trunk latch.  Place the other =
lead inside the socket.  There should be a direct short.  Any thing less =
could cause problems.  I have see this glazing effect on regular =
electronics but never a car but it seems to be the same.