Watching a B come together.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Watching a B come together.
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 15:25:46 -0600 (CST)
As you all know by now, I tow cars around and handle emergency road
service, here on Long Island, for a living. One of my employer's
accounts is a Maaco Body and Paint Shop (Hempstead location). The owner
of this shop is an MG enthusiast and does quite a few restorations
annually. It's amazing to see how quickly a car can be turned from an
ugly duckling to a swan. I towed a 77 B into his shop three weeks ago
that was a disaster. This Monday passed, I picked it up at his shop all
bodywork and paint completed and took it into the shop I work out of
for lite mechanicals and a tune up. Weds. morning I towed it over to an
interior shop where the entire inside was made over and a new top was
installed. Picked up from that shop Friday morn and took to tire shop.
picked from tire shop Friday afternoon and dropped back at Maaco for
final detailing. I happened passed the shop, this morning just as this
B's new owner was fixing the license tags on the car and smiling from
ear to ear. I can not wait to see how the 67 B Roadster, I towed in on
Monday, that he had just purchased, turns out in a few weeks from now.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch