MGA valve specs

To: Harlan Jillson <hjillson@argolink.net>
Subject: MGA valve specs
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 17:59:19 -0500
Am confused.  (Doesn't take too much these days...)  I have an MGA -
1600 - but with a Gold Seal 1500 replacement engine.  Specs in the
workshop manual call for .017 in for valve rocker clearance, cold.
Specs for 1600 engine call for .015 in cold.  Brass plate affixed to a
couple of intake maniford bolts gives firing order and says to set
valves to .015 in hot.  What setting should I use?

Valve rocker clearance for timing:  the 1500 specs say to use .060 in.
Specs for the 1600 say to use .021 in.  Which should I use and why did
the clearance change?

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/