Re: Permatex & Thermostat Replacement

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Permatex & Thermostat Replacement
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 16:21:46 -0800
Gene,

If the surfaces are not terribly pitted or irregular, don't use Permatex.
It's a bitch to get apart the next time and hell to clean.  I always used a
paper gasket with graphite anti-sieze compound (made by Permatex, but not
their glue!).  I never had it leak and I could get it apart the next time
and even use the old gasket again.

Don Scott

At 06:52 PM 10/31/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am getting ready to replace the thermostat in my
>80'B.  Just wondering what the concensus is on the
>use of Permatex along with the proper gaskets.
>Should I use it ?  Is it necesary ?  Which
>variety of Permatex do I need ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Gene
>New 80'B driver/owner !

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/