Woops! Pulling the 73 B rear Dif plate

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Woops! Pulling the 73 B rear Dif plate
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:00:16 -0600
In my quest to be the most humble lister, I pulled another stupid one
yesterday. I know now why the manuals only mention "topping off" the rear
diff.
I need to pull the cover plate off of my rear differential and retrieve
something...grrrr.
Seems pretty straightforward other than liberal PBBlasting all the old bolts
in that confined space.

Any thing I need to be aware of before I tackle this?

Awww, ok.... I dropped a small piece of plastic tubing inside while
struggling to refill the damn thing! :(
Good thing I don't have any youngsters to help me work on the cars right
now!
I figure better safe than sorry -- don't want the thing to melt to mush and
screw up the bearings.
Now I KNOW I need a MityVac (with the fluid transfer attachment)!

Dan
73 B