Re: Have to move it soon...

To: TravelMW@nospamix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Have to move it soon...
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 19:19:10 EST
On Mon, 02 Nov 1998 14:49:33 -0600 Chris Rogers
<TravelMW@nospamix.netcom.com> writes:
>Stuck my neck out last Saturday and while standing in the pouring, icy
>rain (and ankle deep mud) of Kansas City and agreed to buy a '66 B
>that
>has not seen a road in quite a few years. No engine, but the body is
>decent (no rocker rust). Thought I had a trailer lined up, called my
>buddy today and he informs me that he crashed the stock car and in
>frustration, sold everything, including the trailer. Now I have to get
>this car from Kansas City to Des Moines, IA, soon. No hitch, no
>trailer,
>U-Haul car haulers are too much for my daily driver....Because of
>condition, I don't think I'd want to try a tow rig, any semblence of
>wheel bearings would be probably smoking within 10 miles. Anybody
>between here and there looking to make a couple of bucks? I'll buy the
>gas to boot! Help or suggestions appreciated. Gotta move it soon, as
>present owner is moving his shop has to be out of his building by the
>end of the month. No room in the new place.
>
>As a PS, this guy has quite an acculumation of parts for MG and
>Triumph,
>as well as some other LBC's. He is not really in the parts business,
>he
>does repairs and restorations. He's not looking to spend a lot of time
>pulling stuff off for a 20.00 sale, nor is he set up to ship stuff on
>regular basis, but he has a fair of sheet metal as well as major
>engine
>parts. He asked that I not post his name and number, but said I could
>give it to people who have a need for some of the bigger stuff. E-Mail
>me directly for his name and number.
>
>Chris Rogers
>Des Moines, IA
>'64B
>'66B (hopefully soon)

Sorry I cant help with the transportation Chris - its even a little far
for David D (though im sure he'd do it. . . . .) but it occurs to me that
someone ought to buy the guys parts lock stock and barrel - perhaps we
could create a "list" parts clearing house in KC and store them all at
Bob Allens house.!
Whilst that is suggested in jest,(well partially - Bobs expression would
be worth the price of admission!) ) it has occurred to me more than once
that a nationwide (US in this case) inventory of these sorts of caches.
administered by the various marque registers is not totally crazy - for
example, Rich Boris is the "parts guru" of the Long Island club and keeps
an eye on whos got what- and people looking for parts can contact him for
leads; similarly, the Riley club in England (which is of course much
smaller) has a whole warehouse as well as a register, administered by the
club.
In this technological age, it seems a pity that all this good gear might
go to waste for lack of a little information management.. Personally i
have no idea how to implement this but im sure the more "au fait" members
of the list (Skye?? hehe) might have some suggestions...
Probably a pipe dream (except for the Bobs back yard bit!)  - anyone got
any other thoughts to flesh this brain fart out??

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley
Lots of parts, and leads on lots of others!