RE: MGB A-Arms and MGA A-arms - length

To: "'Andy Ramm'" <aramm@concentric.net>
Subject: RE: MGB A-Arms and MGA A-arms - length
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 19:38:55 -0500
Andy Ramm wrote:

> Does anyone know the specific A-arm length of the MGA vs.
> the MGB?

Specific length ... nope ... not unless I go measure one.

> Are the items the same?

Yep ... yep lower wishbone arms, spring pan, and pivot pin
are the same.

> Are they mechanically interchangeable?

Yep ... BMC Part Number for the MGA A-arm is AAA1326, but I
don't have the MGB part number ... Moss part number is 264-020
for both the MGA and MGB (without sway bar).

> What about the length of the front shock levers for these
> two?  Same or different?

Different ... well I know that the spacing, between the two
arms were they are fitted to the top trunion are different.

> Are there any cars from the T-Series with A-arms that are
> mechanically interchangeable with B A-arms?  Were those arms
> longer or shorter?

Don't know ...

> A gold star to anyone who can accurately answer these
> questions!

Well  ... no star ... couldn't answer the last question.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII