Knock off Alloys

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Knock off Alloys
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:50:27 EST
<<I assume the only
thing you have against wires is that they don't hold up well in competition...
You don't have anything againt spline drive vs. bolt drive do you?  Might be
cheaper, or atleast easier, to get the spline drive Mini-Lites.
Are genuine factory Rostyles even all that better for racing anyway?  I was
under impression that they were just cheap pressed sheet metal shit.
    John>>

John, we have had two wheel failures in racing with the splined alloy wheels,
most of which are NOT real minilites, but rather are knock-offs (if you'll
excuse the expression) of the real thing (which I would expect to be strong
enough, based on their normal wheels - very good product).
When I hear people talk about Minilites, in most cases they mean 'Minilite
style" wheels, being too cheap (they are pretty dear) to buy the real thing.
Beware!

It actually isn't that big a hassle to swap a rear end and front hubs over - a
weekend's work and he'd have it done, and wouldn't even need to bleed his
brakes.

Bill S.