Re: New 77B

To: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Subject: Re: New 77B
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:13:52 -0600 (CST)
Tie rod ends is what you mean to say and they don't have to be very
sloppy to warrent replacement.

I most likely have that column stalk switch you need as I'm abandoning
my 79 MGB project and selling off all the stuff I have for it.

As for the rocker/sill situation: Get in touch with Doug's MG Shop in
Howell, N.J. 732-919-0771 or Rob at MG T's in West Milford, N.J.
973-728-3096 and have it dealt with.

Clutch problem could be a worn push rod eyelete on the slave cylinder,
very common that this becomes ovaled and cuts the slaves travel in
half. Worst thing would be that you need a clutch, I just had one done
on my 74 BGT and it ran me $450 all totalled.

Yes there were lots of changes from the 76 to 77 model year, IMHO, none
of them good. This is the main reason I'm dropping the 79 project in
favor of my 74 BGT and 76 B roadster project cars (followed by the 58
Austin and the 76 Midget).

All in all it sounds like a decent deal you made. Yeah if you can drop
under a grand and end up with a driver you made out good.

Good luck with and let me know want you need and I'll start digging.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch