Re: Rebuilt Alternators

To: Erik Brzoska <mowog77@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Rebuilt Alternators
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 21:45:50 -0800
Erik,

      I suspect that not all Lucas rebuilds are the same.  I recently discovered
that the
(3 socket) plug on my new British Wiring harness for the '77B doesn't mate up
with the (3 blade) connector on my Lucas rebuilt alternator.  I'm still trying
to resolve the issue.
     The wiring harness plug has two .5" sockets and one .25" socket at the
outer edge. The alternator has two .25" blades with one .5" blade between them.
The stagger alignments are different so they can't be forced together.  Still
puzzled.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB (almost wired)