Re: Non LBC (Veteran's Poll?)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Non LBC (Veteran's Poll?)
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:17:05 -0500 (EST)
>To all the Veterans out there Happy Veterans day, To the others on the
>list , Please take a moment on Veteransday to say a Prayer for all
>thoswhom gave there all in the name of Freedom. To my Brother Marines
>Happy Birthday, Semper Fi. Freedom Isn't Free . Carl Elliott USMC
>Visit us at  http://users.aol.com/GruntUSMC

I second that, especially for our wartime veterans, but even for those who
did not serve in wars, but were there if need be...the deterrent effect of
your service is appreciated.

On that note, I wonder how many listers are veterans of some branch of
service? This would probably bomb the list in a big way, but if you all
want to get back to me individually, I'll post the results (even though I'm
not sure how big a chunk of work I've just bitten off...

So anyone who wants to send their Name, Branch of service, dates of service
(years only, please), and highest rank attained, I'll collect them all over
the next couple of weeks and post it. I'll bet the non-military portion of
the list would be surprised at how many there are. I'll start with myself
(though I'm sure Marines and such would poke fun at my "meager"
credentials; I'm still proud to serve).

Nevin Young, SSgt, Air National Guard (Maine and Mass), 1991-present.

So how about it?