MGA Grille etc

Subject: MGA Grille etc
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 17:54:01 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01BE09AE.6F66A530

Hi all,

Apart from me wasting $$$ ;) on my new interest, turning my GT into a track
car I've also got a '59 A which is in bog original condition, never been
restored etc but still running beautifully. She shows her age on the outside
a little but nothing that particularly bothers me - except - for the grille
that is. I like to keep my A in very good condition mechanically as I drive
it 3 times a week or so. The body is 'good' with no rust just a little worn
paint and tired chrome etc.

BTW this car let go on us in a seriously huge way one day ('89) coming home
over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The Crankshaft split clean in two! I've
never heard a bang quite like it and I hope I never hear it again.
Remarkably it didn't damage a thing in the engine! Probably because we
stopped it immediately. Nothing like causing a massive traffic jam on the
Harbour Bridge in rush hour. <G> You could hear people saying 'Look there's
ANOTHER broken down MG' - #^*&^^%##^!!!

Well back to the grille, the bars in it are damaged courtesy of some BMW
driving female reversing into me trying to get into a car space she overran
(didn't see me of course. didn't look was the real reason!). Say ever tried
to find the horn on an A in an emergency! <G> Don't. <G> This is the
original grille and I don't want to replace it with a cheap repro item as
I've got plenty of rusted 'chrome' bits on my GT after only a couple of
years or use (garaged!). Grr!

Is it possible to get these bars from somewhere or can somebody recommend an
alternate approach? The Grille surround is fine.

Hoping <G> and sorry for blabbing on,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - neilc@tradesrv.com.au
Sydney, Australia

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01BE09AE.6F66A530
        filename="Neil Cotty.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Cotty;Neil
FN:Neil Cotty
ORG:Internet Trading Services Pty. Ltd.;IT
TITLE:Technical Director
TEL;WORK;VOICE:61292648811
TEL;WORK;FAX:61292648822
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Suite 103, Level =
1=3D0D=3D0A379-383 Pitt Street;Sydney;NSW;2000;Australia
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Suite 103, Level =
1=3D0D=3D0A379-383 Pitt Street=3D0D=3D0ASydney, NSW =
2000=3D0D=3D0AAustr=3D
alia
URL:http://www.tradesrv.com.au
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:neilc@tradesrv.com.au