Webers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Webers
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:16:12 EST
<<Lastly I do not recommend Webers instead of S.U.s. In fact I have a 75
B that was converted to S.U.s from ZS and I wouldn't change a thing.
But who asked me anyway?
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch >>

Well, I for one, agree with you. I've seen so many people bolt a Weber ont=
o an
early twin carb engine with great expectations, and end up getting about 1=
 bhp
per $100 for their trouble. Without suitable head work they are wasting th=
eir
money. The larger SUs are a better match, IMO, for the street and mild
competition use in any case.
Of course they don't look as neat, and I think that many people, no matter
what they say, are largely motivated by appearance. This might account for=
 all
of the downdraft Weber conversions, which don't do a damned thing for
performance, and are in many ways inferior to the original carbs, but let =
the
owner brag that they have 'Webers' (usually incorrectly pluralized).

Bill S.

PS - I do agree that _anything_ is better than the single ZS carb, but exp=
ect
that if I was ever so deluded as to give garage space to a rubber lipped
travesty of an MG on stilts, I would opt for a set of earlier twin SUs.=85