More Twinkie Stuff

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Twinkie Stuff
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:25:17 EST
<<These spacers sound exactly like those between the float bowls and the lids
on the 2 inch SU's on my factory prepared Twin Cam. They raise the float
bowl lid a full 1/2 inch.. I know all of the 1960 Sebring Twin Cam cars were
built
this way but I don't know how well they work or if there are any problems
in use. Clearly with the float sitting 1/2 inch higher the top of the jets are
more fully flooded.
Robin >>

Robin - these worked better than nothing on the factory cars, but a better
solution would have been to use HS 8 carbs with flexibly mounted floats - I
don't think these existed until the 60s when they were used on some Rovers.
The use of an S series carb is still a decent solution, but I prefer a good
flexible mounting for the stock SUs, as they used for Webers - I like to make
_sure_ there won't be any problems. You can do this and still not have it
noticeable by any but the most dedicated Twincam nut (ie, you and me?)

Bill S.