Re: Engine balancing question

To: vallely@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Engine balancing question
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:14:53 EST
Do you see any partialy drilled holes in the crank webs? In the periphary
of the flywheel? Those are the balances. You can't add weight to a crank
(like a tire/wheel), so you take it off the heavy points by carefully
drilling a blind hole(s).
 I'd be a bit leary of a crank that had been balanced by grinding. Great
places for stress raisers.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget