There for the asking , O/D

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: There for the asking , O/D
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 03:44:48 -0600 (CST)
It happened again today.
Got a call to remove a deserted car (Nissan 200SX) that was sitting for
a year + in a parking lot and I dropped it at a wrecking yard. When
ever I find my way to a bone yard I ask if they have any MG parts lying
around. This is the third time in the last couple of years I struck
gold by driving away with a B O/D transmission.  Snagged one from a 79B
w/ the switch shift knob and wire harness today. Now both Adam's 72 and
my 76 B have an O/D in waiting. Guess it's just one of those squeaky
wheel / right place, right time kind of things. I once spend a whole
afternoon calling the wrecking yards and e-mailing nationwide looking
for O/Ds and came up empty. It's just amazing that on three different
occasions I found O/D transmissions by just asking while there on
totally unrelated business. Just thought I'd gloat a little :-)

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch