Weber 40 DCOE

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Weber 40 DCOE
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:54:56 -0800
Thanks to David D., I now have a happy customer who no longer has a Weber
DGV sitting unused on his shelf. (The money came in handy for him as he
broke his turn-signal switch today.........!!)

Hearing of this successful sale, another customer has asked me to offer for
sale another Weber that, thanks to CA smog laws, is sitting idle. It is a
Weber 40DCOE side draft which has been fully overhauled and set up for an
MGB, complete with Cannon intake manifold, air cleaner and all linkage. He'd
be happy to exchange it for $400. Any takers.

Still on the subject of Webers, I have in my personal stock a very rare pair
of 40 DCO carbs., the ones made in the fifties with sand-cast bodies and all
that period stuff. These were fully rebuilt and then fitted on a
double-overhead cam MG XPAG engine that I played with in my TD race-car back
in the early Eighties. The car is long gone, I'm not likely to build another
TD special so, if anyone is looking for a pair of DCOs, make me a sensible
offer. (If anyone knows any vintage racer types, or owners of early Alfas,
and passes on this info, I'd be happy to pay a small commission for a lead
resulting in a sale.)

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center