Re: Defending the MG 1100

To: Michael Carnell <carnellm@palmettobug.com>
Subject: Re: Defending the MG 1100
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 19:31:32 +0000
Michael Carnell asked:

> The Denise Thorpe??

Actually, there are quite a few of us.  I frequently get phone calls from
collection agencies for one in San Diego who defaulted on her student loan from
a cosmetology school.

> The Denise Thorpe who also
> has an affinity for the lowly MG 1100?

LOWLY?!!!  Humph!  Well, actually, after sitting in my brother's back yard for
two years, they are sitting pretty low.  Whenever an 1100,
and I've had four, sits for a while, the body settles onto the tires.  When
started, the body rises up.  I don't get this.  There's no pump
in the system.  The hydrolastic suspension has a constant amount of fluid and it
doesn't increase because the engine is running.  I've bounced on the fender to
see if it's the vibration that pumps up the pressure, but it had no effect.
Another MG mystery.

In answer to your question, yes, I'm back and there's nothing you can
do about it.

The MG Sports Sedan web page is totally cool.  It made me misty-eyed
to see all those big happy grins on those little boxey cars.  I tell
ya, the 1100 is poised for a comeback!  Either that or people took that silly
oath seriously.

a Denise Thorpe
'63 MG 1100
'63 MG 1100