Indian MG components

To: "Paul Williams" <paulwill@home.com>
Subject: Indian MG components
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:23:52 -0800
Given that about half of the cars on Indian roads are Hindustan Ambassadors
(which is an old 50's LBC design (Morris Oxford ??)), it is hardly
surprising to find engine parts sourced from India.

Quality -- I would not know, but believe me, those cars take a beating
every time they venture out onto the roads.

I heard a year or 2 back of a flourishing motorcycle re-building industry
in India. With the cost of labour there....

Simon
---
Simon Matthews      Avant! Corporation
                    Phone:  510 413-8820