Defending the MG Metro

To: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Defending the MG Metro
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:53:26 -0800
Bob Allen really has torn it -- knocking the MG Metro.

I owned one of these from 1984 to 1987 (ish). Bought it new in 1984.

Until the shock absorbers started going mushy, it was a great little car to
drive. Wonderfully responsive and steering with lots of 'feel' through the
small steering wheel. Revved very well and behaved in other respects like
an MG: it leaked more oil than my MGB, and perhaps as much or more than my
MGA!

Downsides -- well in those 3 years, Rover paid for 4 new alloy wheels
(lacquer peeled) and 2 new front wings (fenders) (rusted through).

I sold it with the intent of buying an MGB, but as I did not find one in
good enough condition in a reasonable time, I ended up buying a Fiat Panda!

Simon
---
Simon Matthews      Avant! Corporation
                    Phone:  510 413-8820