OT - Lawyers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: OT - Lawyers
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 21:51:47 EST
You think mechanics sometimes are a bit pricy? I was somewhat incensed
by the following copy of a letter i received today from the lawyer for a
class
action suit i am involved with against a thieving British Building
Society (savings and loan) that self-helped themselves to some of my
money - They look fairly "just" compared to this characters efforts!
qte
>I have costed by file in relation to work undertaken thus far.
>I have kept my costs to a minimum and have not included
>the very considerable amount of administrative work which
>has been undertaken.  I set out hereunder a breakdown of
>the charges:-
>
>ITEMS CHARGED                                   £
>***********************                                 ****
>Letters sent -
>50 charged
>@ £9:                                                     450.00
>
>Letters/E-mails received -
>96 charged
>@ £4.50:                                               432.00
>
>Telephone calls -
>37 charged
>@ £9:                                                    333.00
>
>Time recorded -
>14 hrs 42 mins charged
>@ £90 per hour:                                1,323.00
>

>***********
>(Running Total)    ---------                   2,538.00
>
>------------
>
>Mark up for care and attention
>@ 50%:                                             1,269.00
>

>TOTAL COST  FIGURE
>TO DATE:                                         £3,807.00
>                                                           ########

>In addition, there are disbursements which include photocopying
>charges and travel expenses which are fairly nominal.
>
>I look forward to hearing from you.
>
>Yours sincerely
unq

Four pound fifty to RECEIVE a letter or an email!! - i get several
hundred emails a day and probably 40-50 phone calls...........guess i
ought to start billing!

And how do you like "mark up for care and attention"? - i guess you can
save this if the lawyer doesnt give a sh*t!!

Lets see what a photocopy costs in the end........

Sorry to vent this completely irrelevant matter to the list and my
apologies to those of you who have had the call to the bar (not the one i
see most of you at!)  but my posting it will preserve at least one life
for another night..

WHAT A F****N' RIP OFF!

mike robson
69 roadster