Re: Generator, application unknown

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Generator, application unknown
From: mgbob@juno.com (Bob Howard)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:22:50 EST
After posting the info abou my TD generator, I went into the WS manual
and found this:
 " The Dynamo.  Type  The dynamo on early models is a Lucas Model C39PV,
service No. 22257A.  On later models a Lucas Model C39PV2, Service No.
22265B is fitted. These identification marks are stamped on the yoke.
When ordering replacements, always quote these numbers."
  Bob, your guess about the 5/50 and the 10/52 makes sense to me. The
generator on my car is the original, and that date fits with Chip Olds'
production date tables in the T-Series Handbook.  (Which, if you don't
already have one, is worth 2x its cost)
Bob