Re: This List & NEMGT

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: This List & NEMGT
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:11:19 -0500
Hi all T types out there. The NEMGTR is alive and well. I try and keep a
low profile on these lists, but Dave G. found me out. Hank Rippert answered
Dave directly but the answers to his questions are as follows:

The web site is down because the servicer in po dunk went belly up without
warning. A new web site is being created and a web master is being selected
from the membership

The checks and letters were slowed down as the Register still uses Drawer
220 Oneonta New York (po dunk) as its mailing address. In addition Dick
Knudson had the register telephone number. Dick who is retired continues to
do the ministerial work for the register as Hank still has to work for a
living. Dick would get the mail ,sort checks ,and forward to Ron Embling
the Register Treasurer (who lives just outside of po dunk) and forward the
rest to Hank etc. (Dick still does TSO)  (by the way Ron Embling's Brit
Books web site  has been down as he had the same belly up servicer)

Anyhow, Dick sold his house in Oneonta and is awaiting the completion of
his retirement condo, thus causing some delays in this process .

Please understand that the Register has always been a volunteer
organization without paid staff. In reality Hank, Ron and Dick do the lions
share of work.

Far from troubles, the Register had this fall, one of its largest and best
GOF's in years at Watkins Glen. The Spring GOF is set for a great site in
Kennebunkport. Another famous long distance trip (1600 miles) is being set
for 2000 around the Great Lakes. (Our cars do not fear the year 2000
problem, as they were built before Univac and Gates were born) .

These trips provide access to many members who can not  make GOFs in the
east Nobody does these trips better.

No club can be all things to all people. Many have criticized various
aspects of the Register, but it is what it is . Right now it has and is
going through some transition in the change of leadership. Hank has
traveled to most of the regional GOF's as well as to other MG register's
conventions, something that was hard for Dick to do. . He works very hard
at it. Nonetheless we remain an international club which is still centered
in New England , a paradox perhaps.. We change very slowly, but are as
healthy as ever.

See you down the road

Mike