Re: Feeling a little dirty/projects in waiting

To: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Feeling a little dirty/projects in waiting
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:12:10 -0600 (CST)
You wrote:

>Hello David,
>
>       That can quickly become a very expensive 'hobby'.  <CLIP> In his
'spare' time (very tongue in cheek here) we will
>re-build the engine and we will finish the restoration.  We have all
the
>necessary bits, just missing the time.  Before we do that, we have a
really
>nice Mkll Jag that needs some tlc.  Oh........ did I mention that my
daily
>driver CBB needs a paint job.............or that my daughter wants to
pull
>her RBB into the shop to re-build her engine.............or that the A
>needs work.........or that those Bug eyes need some
attention........or
>what about that Mkl Midget........or
>
>       Elizabeth Jones
>       Comfort, TX

I think many of us have the common problem of "Delusions of Grandure".
I personally have changed the line up of cars awaiting "their turn"
many times. Currently my priority is the 74 BGT becoming a reliable
every dayer. Today and tomorrow it will be receiving new carbs and gas
tank. Other pending projects include: engine rebuilds for Adam's 72 B
and my 76 B and Midget. Then (shortly there after) we'll get to the 58
Austin A95 restoration. This is all speculation of course and if this
Porsche does find it's way into the driveway then I'll have to
reshuffle the deck. My 75 MGB is driven regularly and needs very
little. My 79 B has been deligated to organ donation duties but not
before I had gotten a couple of thousand $$ into body panel
replacement. I'm blessed to have the most understanding wife anyone
could ever have but it took me three trys to get that right. You want
to talk about expensive stuff?

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch