a proud moment

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: a proud moment
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 07:02:09 EST
I took the 69 to work today - top up im afraid but it was extremely cold
at 6am!
At lunchtime i wnt to the local Mcdonalds for a nourishing repast - when
i came out there was a couple looking the car over, a few pleasantries
passed - "lovely car", that sort of thing, then the guy asked where i got
it - without much thought i said "northern Connecticut" to which he said
"do they sell them round here too?" - I was starting to understand what
he was saying but said "sure, there are always a few around"
You guessed it - he thought it was a new car and was looking for a
dealership - he laughed like a drain when i told him its 30 years old
I guess the restoration pretty much worked!
Funny thing though - the couple were probably around 30 and had never
heard of MGs and couldnt remember ever seeing one before.......They were
driving a Neon!

mike robson
99 - oops i mean 69 roadster
70 BGT