Re: New Family Member

To: "spawn@net-link.net" <spawn@net-link.net>
Subject: Re: New Family Member
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:35:15 -0700 (MST)
As the proud owner of a '70 with the split bumper I will confirm that
you have a '70.  As I understand it the '70 is the ONLY year with the
split bumper.  Mine was built in Oct or Nov of '69. Mine has the
production date stamped on a plate on the inside of the driver's door.
(Can't remember for sure.  I would have to go to the garage to verify
the month.)

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:22:35 EST, miker15@juno.com wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:49:20 -0500 Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
>writes:
>>Well, picked up MG #2 today...  reputed to be a 1971 MGB...  Somehow,
>>don't think so...
>>
>>It's a split bumper which was only made (as I understand it) for the
>>'69
>>model year.  But it gets more confusing!!!  The VIN is GHN5UA --->
>>falls
>>in '70 according to Moss.  This would seem to be corroborated by the
>>production date of 1/70.  However, the engine is 18GBUH53541 which
>>Moss
>>indicate is from a 67 or 68 model.
>>
>>So, is it possible that this car (engine aside) is right, or did some
>>DPO decide he liked split bumpers and put them on a car that shouldn't
>>have them???
>>

>>Chris
>>'72 B
>>
>You have a 70 Chris - with a heart transplant...
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>53 Riley