Gear lever

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gear lever
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:50:54 -0500
I've had it!  My '61 MGA has a "modified" gear lever.  That is to say
that the PO cut it off somewhere in a past life and now it only protudes
about 3 inches above the transmission housing.  That was ok for the time
being, but in a shift to 3rd I about broke my thumb yesterday and have
decided this sucker has to go.  Does anyone have a spare gear shift
lever for a '61 MGA 1600 that they'd part with?  It's damn difficult to
shift with a splint and now I'm a little "gunshy".  Any help?

Michael Ohleger
67 MGB
70 MGB
61 MGA