Re: Weber/SU

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weber/SU
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:15:21 EST
In a message dated 11/24/98 9:01:52 PM Mountain Standard Time, WSpohn4@aol.com
writes:

<< <I'm just genuinely wondering why Webers are chosen before
 SU's. Is it a supply issue or one of 'perception', as Webers are really seen
 as performance carburettors..>

 I think you've nailed it, Neil - people want the 'racy' image of the Webers
 even if they don't work any better in real world driving.
 Although both my race cars have twin Webers, my street car has stock SUs -
 haven't even got around to putting the 1 3/4" SUs on it.

Bill,
     could be that you are right here..but the smog tests here in mile high
colorado disagree..My su equipped 1974 roadster failed flat..same carbs that
passed the year before(16,000 miles ago)..the weber dgv..bolt on and
pass..didn't even fiddle with the jets..
               Yours,H4(Howard)