B Tube Shock Conversion notes

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: B Tube Shock Conversion notes
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:30:59 -0600
Well, Punkin's left side rear suspension is completely dimantled and parts
are primered and drying...
I couldn't find the 7/16" x 5-6" bolts today...and I'm sorta glad. Lawrie is
correct that 6" is WAY too long. I'm thinking 4" now that I've yanked the
Armstrong and had a look. (Lawrie? What did you use?)
Is it possible that the GT that Dietz did has a longer bolt requirement than
the roadster?
I DID find Gabriel Heavy Duty "Red Ryder" shocks at AutoZone for $10.99. I
hope they work. They're the ones for the Colt anyway. They're a lot longer
than I envisioned but they LOOK like they'll fit fine.
They're a nice maroon color anyway...which is kinda cool, but doesn't match
any other part of the car.
I just hope the 7 leaf springs and tube shocks don't lift the rear end up
like some weird hotrod...but at least it's all reversible and I was able to
keep the price under $40!
More to follow...the goal is to have it all put together by Sunday night,
including the new brake line!

Dan
73 B