Question on stripping the '66B

To: Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Question on stripping the '66B
From: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 20:25:05 -0600
With the near record temperatures here in Iowa these past few days,
(saying 70F tomorrow), I have been stripping all of the parts from the
'67B. Ran into a couple of problems that I need an assist with. The
heater box......I have removed all of the bolts under the bonnet, and
the box will lift up about an inch, but no more. Have I missed a
fastener somewhere? Also, how does one remove the water temp. end from
the combo oil pressure/temperature gauge? Attempted to twist as well as
pull to no avail. I see there are three very small screws in the side of
the case, but decided not to try further after one half-hearted attempt.
Have the heater control knobs bathing in PB Blaster to loosen the spring
clips. Still haven't gotten the doors off, looking for an impact wrench
to borrow. Having a bit of problem getting the master and clutch
cylinder housing/framework loose from the firewall, can barely get a
socket back there, and when I did they wouldn't budge. Had no trouble
getting off the pedal box or the old hydraulic lines from the cylinders.
Want to finish stripping tomorrow so I can push it out on to the
driveway and hit the whole thing with the hose and blow out the remnants
of ther mud she was buried in. (There was even mud in the radio!)
Thanks in advance as well as for letting be ramble....

Chris Rogers
'64B and in deep on the remains of a '66B