mgb allison ignition question

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: mgb allison ignition question
From: "teds" <teds@accessone.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:47:17 -0800
howdy.

I have what I believe to be an Allison optical ignition pickup on a mgb
distributor.
it exits into a 3 wire white plug, with a red/blue/black wire color
combination.

did this go into an amplifier unit ?

and if so, does anyone have one ?

I am trying to make something to generate .5 vdc to fire off a GM ignition
module.
thanks, Ted S.